Topic: Sadly this is currently unusable
Replies: 16   Last Post: Jul 1, 2014 4:41 PM

William Elliot

Re: Sadly this is currently unusable

From: Rolazaro Azeveires <rolazaro.azeveires@gmx.com>

> Given the constant flow of new 'users', just to insult each other, looks
> like the only "kill-file" that will work is to stop reading here at all.
> Any thing else can be done?

> I haven't been here for quite some years, I recall some flame wars, some
> folks thinking (or faking) they reinvented the wheel. A rounder wheel...

> But right now, the signal to noise ration is way to low to be worth it.
> A pity

It is low. However by blocking less than a dozen names and fewer topics,
I find it's an easy chore to delete all the new posts that don't start a
thread or have an absurd subject. What's left is worth the effort.

A high signal to noise ratio newsgroup is sci.math.research.
You may also like Ask-a-Topologist with forums on topology,
analysis and abstract algebra.

There a poster is grappling with connected subspaces;
some of which has spilled over to sci.math.