Topic: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is not clear?)
Replies: 198   Last Post: Jul 10, 2014 12:04 AM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What
is not clear?)

On 7/5/2014 9:35 AM, VIRGIL wrote:
> In article <4ca73cc9-7632-459e-94e5-5cca63a6a61f@googlegroups.com>,
> mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
>

>> On Saturday, 5 July 2014 16:59:00 UTC+2, VIRGIL wrote:

>>> For every k in |N and all but finitely many n in |N, |s_n| > k
>>>

>> Fine. Since this full set cannot get empty *after* all n, it remains full.
>
> Note that the sequence s_n = {n} is never empty but lim {n} = {} anyway.
> so a sequnce of non-empty sets can have an empty limit set.
>
> And for WM's sequence s_n , with every member of Q+ being some q_n,
> there is no member of Q+ that is in more than finitely many of the
> s_n's, so that no member of Q+ which can be in any lim s_n.

So, you spend months saying
it's not so in cardinals,
then to relent and balk at this.

Seems you might have addressed the
cardinal/ordinal distinction at once
if you'd been awares.

Virgil, it is a waste if you can't
not only point out inconsistency,
but where it left instead of then
denying it ever went.

Otherwise you simply dilute your own.

Boo! Booooo!

Date Subject Author
7/1/14
Read Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is not clear?)
Ki Song
7/1/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What
is not clear?)
Martin Shobe
7/1/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is
not clear?)
Ki Song
7/1/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is
not clear?)
William Elliot
7/1/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is
not clear?)
Ki Song
7/2/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is
not clear?)
William Elliot
7/2/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is
not clear?)
Ki Song
7/2/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is
not clear?)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
7/2/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is not clear?)
Virgil
7/2/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What
is not clear?)
karl
7/2/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is
not clear?)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
7/2/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is not clear?)
Michael Klemm
7/2/14
[...]
7/3/14
[...]
7/4/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is
not clear?)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
7/4/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is not clear?)
Michael Klemm
7/4/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is
not clear?)
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
7/4/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is not clear?)
SPQR
7/5/14
[...]
Ralf Bader
7/4/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What is not clear?)
SPQR
7/4/14
Read Re: Discussion with WM - Frustration reaches boiling point (What
is not clear?)
Roland Franzius
7/3/14
[...]
7/6/14
[...]
[...]
[...]