Topic: Hustlers Cash In On Charter School Craze
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jul 8, 2014 11:29 PM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Hustlers Cash In On Charter School Craze

At 10:35 PM 7/7/2014, Louis Talman wrote:
>On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 12:32:30 -0600, Domenico Rosa <DRosa@post.edu> wrote:
>

>>It's time to do background checks on charter school people.
>
>Maybe it's time for more than that.
>
>But the whole article reeks of the suggestion that we ought to ban used
>cars because used car salesmen are crooks.

Nice observation but still misses the 800-pound gorilla; the
BBBillions wasted by the public education industry supported in part
by the MMMillions of the (formerly illegal - Walter Reuther
understood humans) public employees/teachers union dues that buy
politicians to preserve the status quo. We have been trained to
think that there is something immoral with "for profit" schools but
the difference between some tax-exempt organizations and some
for-profit ones requires lawyers with microscopes to see. And
although built by "for profit" construction companies, we drive over
bridges that were built by the lowest bidder ones.

A couple of my grandchildren are in a wonderful charter school -
immersion Mandarin - so both are conversationally fluent in Chinese
with a healthy start toward reading traditional writing. The public
school uber alles fanatics would deny such opportunities - it
discriminates against most kids who don't have such
opportunities. Educational idiocy has no limits.

Wayne