Topic: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:45 PM

Louis Talman

Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:09:57 -0600, Dave L. Renfro <renfr1dl@cmich.edu>
wrote:

> FYI, I have seen the same arguments in various publications (book
> reviews,
> short articles in MAA journals, textbook prefaces, etc.) spanning most
> of the 20th century, so this isn't a new idea.

I hope nobody thought I ever suggested that it is a new idea! It most
certainly isn't.

- --
- --Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>

Date Subject Author
7/18/14
Read Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Jonathan Crabtree
7/18/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
GS Chandy
7/19/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Jonathan Crabtree
7/19/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Louis Talman
7/20/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Robert Hansen
7/20/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Louis Talman
7/20/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Robert Hansen
7/21/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Louis Talman
7/21/14
Read RE: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Bishop, Wayne
7/21/14
Read RE: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Bishop, Wayne
7/21/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Louis Talman
7/21/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Robert Hansen
7/22/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
GS Chandy
7/22/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Robert Hansen
7/22/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
GS Chandy
7/22/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Robert Hansen
7/22/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
GS Chandy
7/23/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Joe Niederberger
7/23/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Dave L. Renfro
7/23/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Louis Talman
7/23/14
Read Re: Is this why Chinese kids are better at mathematics?
Robert Hansen
7/24/14