Topic: running a block once in simulink
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 24, 2000 8:23 AM

Dwarf

Re: running a block once in simulink

On 24 Oct 2000, Wyatt R Johnson wrote:

> In Simulink, I have some blocks that calculate initial conditions
> using calls to fzero. Since Simulink updates the output of everything
> at each time step, this fzero call is getting needlessly looped over.
> Is there a way to have it run exactly once, and then never again?
> (The output of the fzero call is eventually fed into the IC input of
> an integrator)

My first thought is to put it in a triggered subsystem, and have it be
triggered by a clock signal, perhaps offset by whatever time delay you
need to make everything fit.

+----------------------------+ Maybe it was infatuation,
| | or the thrill of the chase.
| Greg Anderson | Maybe you were always beyond my reach,
| Rogue Squadron - Rogue 31 | and my heart was playing it safe.
| dwarf@wam.umd.edu | But was that love in your eye I saw
| timbwolf@glue.umd.edu | or the reflection of mine?
| AIM - Aranthon | I'll never really know for certain
| www.wam.umd.edu/~dwarf | you never gave me the time.
| |
+----------------------------+ Marillion - Cinderella Search
I'm riding my bike 1000 miles to wipe out AIDS. Want to help? Ask me how!