Topic: § 529 Contradiction
Replies: 24   Last Post: Jul 21, 2014 3:57 PM

wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de

Re: � 529 Contradiction

Am Montag, 21. Juli 2014 09:38:37 UTC+2 schrieb Virgil:
> In article <lqib8t$sks$1@dont-email.me>, "J?rgen R." <jurgenr@web.de>
>
> wrote:

> He, like me and all other proper mathematicians, does not believe in
>
> unfinished sets

You need not believe. You can prove it. Try to define a natural number. Find out that it has finitely many predecessors but infinitely many successors. Hence it belongs to a vanishing initial segment of |N.

Tht holds also for the limit limit set s_n = { }. This holds for every finite initial segment. But that is merely a vanishing subset and of no relevance.

Regards, WM