Topic: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Replies: 139   Last Post: Jul 29, 2014 5:32 PM

Louis Talman

Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 00:14:33 -0600, Bishop, Wayne
<wbishop@exchange.calstatela.edu> wrote:

> You are dating yourself. Arithmetic has not been taught with
> page-after-page of rote practice with increasing digits for about a
> half-century. The math ed "experts" of our world keep tilting at that
> strawman. And will decades from now.

Is this an argument that students *should*, or even *do*, like what is
taught in grade schools today?

- --Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>

Date Subject Author
7/22/14
Read Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/22/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Richard Strausz
7/22/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/22/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/22/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Louis Talman
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/22/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Louis Talman
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/24/14
Read RE: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Bishop, Wayne
7/24/14
[...]
7/25/14
[...]
Anna Roys
7/25/14
[...]
kirby urner
7/25/14
[...]
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Anna Roys
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Anna Roys
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Anna Roys
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/26/14
Read RE: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Bishop, Wayne
7/26/14
Read Re: RE: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
[...]
7/27/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/27/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/27/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/27/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
TheBarn
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Richard Strausz
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Anna Roys
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/29/14