Topic: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Replies: 139   Last Post: Jul 29, 2014 5:32 PM

Anna Roys

Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
att1.html (2.1 K)

I became a public school teacher after my home schooling experiences and
am not a traditional teacher. I come into the public system challenging
it...
On Jul 25, 2014 9:32 PM, "Anna Roys" <roys.anna@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree, no one is buying it.
>
> Humans are born with the need to learn and are hard wired to be curious
> and learn when they are in a safe and comfortable environment.
>
> We decided to entirely home educate our two youngest of four sons when
> they were toddlers, so as to not disturb their natural born curiosity for
> learning. It worked.
>
> They were still curious and college ready when they started college while
> still high school age.
>
> RH seems to think he knows what I think and feel. More than I do? I doubt
> it. He is just making conjectures without evidence. I am the final say on
> my own thinking and feelings.
>
> Posting that humans are not born with natural curiosity with an
> authoritve tone does not make it so.
>
> Anna
>
> On Jul 25, 2014 7:02 PM, "Joe Niederberger" <niederberger@comcast.net>
> wrote:

> > R Hansen says:

> > >Am I taking your comments too seriously?
> >
> > No, you are taking your comments too seriously.
> >
> > This is a thread about motivation killers (and enhancers, if anyone

> wants to get into that.) People speak up and you say, essentially, that
> they are wrong, that the problems they see do not exist, that children are
> not naturally curious, etc. etc.

> > And, since its *you* speaking, you think can negate their experiences

> with a royal pronouncement. Nobody is buying it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Joe N

Date Subject Author
7/22/14
Read Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/22/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Richard Strausz
7/22/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/22/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/22/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Louis Talman
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/22/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Louis Talman
7/23/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/24/14
Read RE: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Bishop, Wayne
7/24/14
[...]
7/25/14
[...]
kirby urner
7/25/14
[...]
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Anna Roys
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Anna Roys
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Anna Roys
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/26/14
Read RE: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Bishop, Wayne
7/26/14
Read Re: RE: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
[...]
7/27/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/26/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/27/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/27/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/27/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
GS Chandy
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
TheBarn
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Richard Strausz
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Anna Roys
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Robert Hansen
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/28/14
Read Re: Motivation: killers and enhancers
Joe Niederberger
7/29/14