Topic: WM's argument disassembled - If you are his student, please PLEASE comment here
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 22, 2014 11:30 AM

Ben Bacarisse

Re: WM's argument disassembled - If you are his student, please PLEASE comment here

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de writes:

> On Tuesday, 22 July 2014 15:49:19 UTC+2, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
>>
>> let string r = "1/1";
>> loop {
>> manipulate r in some finite way to get r'
>> set r = r'
>> }
>>
>> in which every rational will be represented by some r. WM's claim that
>> there is a "potential" bijection between N and R maps to the existence
>> of such a program for R. (I'm not saying that he'd be unwise enough to
>> make that claim

> Already forgotten?

You have not understood what I said. In English "that claim" must refer
to the closest one and certainly not to the one that I state you *do*
make.

<snip>
--
Ben.