Topic: Attention: Please read this if you are new to sci.math.
Replies: 20   Last Post: Aug 18, 2014 9:57 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: Attention: Please read this if you are new to sci.math.

*** CRANK ALERT ***

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:54:01 AM UTC-4, John Gabriel wrote:
> The local trolls and cranks on this forum are trying to camouflage my real comments by inserting a lot of rubbish that from the title appears to be authentic.

John Gabriel is by far one of the worst and most vicious trolls ever to appear on sci.math. He is a malicious fraud. In his Wacky New Calculus, which he tries to pass off as some kind of legitimate alternative:

1. He is unable to prove something as simple as  2+2 = 4.

2. There are no irrational numbers, so the distance between (0, 0) and (1, 1), for example, is undefined.

3. His definition of the derivative of a function just doesn't work. If, for example, f(x)=x^3, then f'(0), which should be 0, is also undefined.

4. To make it work it all, he has also had to redefine the basic rules of logic!

Dan