Topic: Script not running - Upgrade matlab or change code?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Aug 13, 2014 4:36 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Script not running - Upgrade matlab or change code?

"Neuron " <nervren@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This great Guitar Tuner here
> (http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26367-guitar-tuner)
> created on MATLAB 7.5 (R2007b) is not running on my MATLAB 7.0.1 (R14SP1).

Release R2007b is around seven years old now (released September 2007.)
Release R14SP1 is almost 10 years old (released October 2004.) There have
been a LOT of changes between those two releases.

> Can I change anything in the code in order to run?

It depends. If that app depends upon features that were introduced in the
three years between your release and the release in which it's documented to
work, it may require significant modification to get it to work. It may be
easier to upgrade to a newer release, and doing so would give you access to
the capabilities introduced in the past decade, some of which are mentioned
here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATLAB

--
Steve Lord