Topic: Finding roots of cubic symbolic polynomials
Replies: 8   Last Post: Aug 13, 2014 10:54 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Finding roots of cubic symbolic polynomials

"Sanaa " <findingsanaa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Steven Lord" <Steven_Lord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <lsfpp6$nim$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

>> "Sanaa " <findingsanaa@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > I have tried this, but it asks about segma?
>> > function sols = solve_cubic( segma, beta, mu, nu, delta, gamma)
>> > syms lambda sols =
>> > solve(lambda^3+lambda^2*(nu*mu+delta*mu+gamma*mu+segma*beta*mu+mu^2)+lambda*(delta*mu^2+gamma*mu^2+nu*gamma*mu+segma*gamma*mu-segma*mu*beta))
>> > end

>> Show the group EXACTLY how you called solve_cubic and the FULL text of
>> any error or warning messages you received. The group should be able to
>> call solve_cubic using ONLY your instructions on how to call it.
>>
>> --
>> Steve Lord
>> slord@mathworks.com
>> To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
>> http://www.mathworks.com

> In the command window, I typed
> sols = solve_cubic( segma, beta, mu, nu, delta, gamma)

When I execute that command, I receive this error:

>> sols = solve_cubic( segma, beta, mu, nu, delta, gamma)
Undefined function or variable 'segma'.

Therefore you have NOT given the group enough instructions to call
solve_cubic as I requested. Until you do, I don't think anyone in the group
can help you.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com