The Math Forum

Topic: Common Core Algebra II Sample Lesson
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 15, 2015 3:39 PM

Prehn, Lynn M.

Re: Common Core Algebra II Sample Lesson
att1.html (2.8 K)

Which course/module do special right triangles fit in for CC?

Do the following standards imply that students entering Alg 2 will know the
30,60,90 and 45, 45, 90 side lengths and how to rationalize a denominator?

G-SRT.6 Understand that by similarity, side ratios in right triangles are
properties of the angles in the triangle, leading to definitions of
trigonometric ratios for acute angles.

G-SRT.7 Explain and use the relationship between the sine and cosine of
complementary angles.

G-SRT.8 Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right
triangles in applied problems.

Thanks for any and all help with the interpretation.

Lynn Prehn
Galway CSD