Topic: Java Virtual Machine
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 18, 2002 2:10 PM

Duane Hanselman

Re: Java Virtual Machine

Tom Bostoen <tom.bostoen@alcatel.be> wrote in message news:<3C95CF47.1FC824F@alcatel.be>...
> The Java Virtual Machine included in my Matlab platform is:
> Java 1.1.8 from Sun Microsystems Inc.
>
> Is it possible to upgrade to a newer version? And if yes, how?

The sure way to upgrade is simply to wait until the release of R13 of
MATLAB. I believe that MATLAB version 6.5 will come standard with a
newer version of JAVA.

If I recall, there are incompatibilities between the library of JAVA
routines MATLAB uses and newer versions of JAVA.

Duane Hanselman
www.eece.maine.edu/mm