The Math Forum

Topic: The Lies of WMytheology , let's try it again
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 4, 2016 6:56 PM

K_h

Re: The Lies of WMytheology , let's try it again

"WM" wrote in message

> It is not a natural number and it cannot count the number
> of natural numbers.

Depends on how the word `count' is defined. The natural numbers are said to
be countably infinite. There is no natural number that counts the total
number of natural numbers so a new type of number is needed to "count" them.
The ordinal w is used to define aleph_o but whatever number you want to use
to "count" natural numbers it must be infinite.

> Every set of natural numbers has less than aleph_0 elements.

The set of odd natural numbers has aleph_o elements, for example.