The Math Forum

Topic: Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Replies: 62   Last Post: Oct 2, 2017 1:58 AM

Guest

Watch Watch this User
Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle

> Le 19/07/05 12:37, dans
> 4dd7d$42dcd769$d52f93dc$25956@news.chello.at,
> « Jutta Gut » <gut.jutta.gerhard@chello.at> a écrit :
>

> > "bassam king karzeddin" <bassam@ahu.edu.jo> schrieb

> im Newsbeitrag

> mathforum.org...

> >> That is grate,
> >>
> >> This,might open doors to constructible polygons
> >>
> >> In fact,I have deduced & proved the same thing,I

> have mentioned that here:

> &tstart=0

> >> I will provide examples soon.

> > If I understand correctly, you have shown that in

> an triangle with
> > the sides a^3 , a*(b^2-a^2) , b*(b^2-2*a^2) one
> angle is three times
> > another one.
> >
> > The more interesting question would be: given an

> angle, how to
> > construct a triangle with the sides a^3 ,
> a*(b^2-a^2) , b*(b^2-2*a^2)
> > and the given angle?
>
> It tried for some simple angles: pi/8, pi/6, pi/5,
> sides can be computed
> with square roots. For pi/9, you have the 3rd degree
> equation x^3=3*x+1.
> Not surprising, since pi/9 is not constructible. But
> it's still interesting
> to know which triangles have two angles A,B such that
> A=3*B.

That is because there is not any EXACT real root for the polynomial (x^3 - 3x -1 = 0), for sure, but nearly an approximated root, and that is why your in mind angle (Pi/9) is never an exact existing angle

So, understanding that fiction unreal and nonexistent number as 2^{1/3} would immediately remove the complete puzzle about trisecting of the arbitrary angle

And let us see what works that had been added by secretive researchers or Wikipedia writers? after that old date reference and what are the rules of this science forum or the rules of professional mathematicians to promote that old interesting issue raised by a mature only to the science community

Regards
Bassam King Karzeddin
3ed, May 2017

Date Subject Author
5/3/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Guest
5/3/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
5/3/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bursejan@gmail.com
5/4/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
5/4/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
5/6/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
5/8/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
5/14/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
5/14/17
Read Constructing any regular polygon
Vinícius
5/14/17
Read Re: Constructing any regular polygon
Barry Schwarz
5/14/17
Read Re: Constructing any regular polygon
bursejan@gmail.com
5/15/17
Read Re: Constructing any regular polygon
bassam king karzeddin
5/16/17
Read Re: Constructing any regular polygon
Vinícius
5/16/17
Read Constructing any angle
Vinícius
5/16/17
Read Re: Constructing any angle
Peter Percival
5/16/17
Read Re: Constructing any regular polygon
Leon Aigret
5/17/17
Read Re: Constructing any regular polygon
bassam king karzeddin
5/17/17
Read Re: Constructing any regular polygon
Vinícius
5/15/17
Read Re: Constructing any regular polygon
Leon Aigret
5/15/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
5/16/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
5/16/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
5/16/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
5/16/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
6/2/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Tim Golden BandTech.com
6/5/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
6/5/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Tim Golden BandTech.com
6/14/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
6/8/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Tim Golden BandTech.com
5/20/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
5/20/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
5/20/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bursejan@gmail.com
5/21/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
5/21/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bursejan@gmail.com
5/21/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bursejan@gmail.com
5/21/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bursejan@gmail.com
5/21/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
5/21/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
5/21/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bursejan@gmail.com
5/21/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
bursejan@gmail.com
5/22/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
5/25/17
Read Poly secting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
5/28/17
Read Re: Poly secting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
5/31/17
Read Re: Poly secting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
6/6/17
Read Re: Poly secting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
6/8/17
Read Re: Poly secting an arbitrary angle
Vinícius
6/14/17
Read Re: Poly secting an arbitrary angle
bassam king karzeddin
6/6/17
Read Re: Trisecting an arbitrary angle
robersi