The Math Forum

Topic: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder section//
Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne

Replies: 30   Last Post: Aug 19, 2017 8:06 PM

francois.grondin2003@gmail.com

Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder

On August 12 2017, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> [...]
>
> So, this is a major mistake in geometry started since Ancient Greek times way back to Euclid.
>
> Now the Ancient Greeks seldom if ever did a hands on experiment. They liked to do everything in their head, which often can get you the wrong answer.
>
> Now, in modern times there is no excuse for not doing this experiment. You simply get a cylinder and a cone of about the same size and you make a oblique angle cut and see what figure comes out. In the Cylinder cut, the figure is a ELLIPSE, yet in the Cone cut the figure is a OVAL.
>
> Now here is a short list of math failures who just cannot be bothered to hands on experiment but rather are failures of mathematics for all they can do is dictate that the ellipse is a conic section. Dictate because they are far far too stupid to ever actually experiment to see if their memorized crap on conics is really true, or, just memorized crap.
>
> Markus Klyver
> Jan Burse
> Dan Christensen
> Jan Bielawski
> Terry Tao
> Andrew Wiles
> John Conway
> Appel & Haken
> qbwrfmix
> Eastside
> Konyberg KON
> Beal, of Beal conjecture
> Robin Hartshorne
>
> All of them, failures of mathematics, for they never are able to get beyond memorization of mathematics, whether utterly false math, and worst yet, they preach this crap to younger generations and scold the young students-- who are smarter than the mathematician on conics.
>
> So, I discovered the oval was the conic section, never the ellipse and I discovered that in 2016, and yet, here it is 2017, and one would think the math community would be grateful for the correction to their error. Instead, the math community continues to ignore anyone outside the inner circle of mathematics, who shows where they are fully mistaken.
>
> I always thought until the last 25 years that mathematicians are some of the most honest people in the world, when it comes to truth, but in fact, I keep finding out that mathematicians are one of the most corrupt crazy minds in science.
>
> It has been a year since the discovery of Oval is ellipse, and still not a peep out of math community.
>
> Newsgroups: sci.math
> Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 13:25:46 -0800 (PST)
>
> Subject: getting an ellipse from a conic cut-- possible or impossible??
> probably a unique cut
> From: Archimedes Plutonium <plutonium....@gmail.com>
>
> Discoveries like this deserve attention, and not hidden by suppression fools with their own greedy axes to grind. So, I list the names of everyone in geometry, who should have cleared up and cleaned out the mistake, but is hiding and ignoring, and failing mathematics with their ignoring.

You know, you are almost right, but not totally. The problem is a matter of point of view. Ellipse IS a conic section. To see the ellipse after you cut a cone, you must look perpendicularly to the cutting plane. If you don't, then the only thing you'll see is an oval.

You're not convinced? Don't trust my word. Experiment by yourself. Don't thank me. Enjoy!

Date Subject Author
8/12/17
Read Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder section//
Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/12/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
bursejan@gmail.com
[...]
Read dishonest and corrupt math community Re: Oval is conic section, never
ellipse; ellipse is cylinder section//-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/12/17
Read Re: dishonest and corrupt math community Re: Oval is conic section,
never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder section//-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
bursejan@gmail.com
8/13/17
Read dishonest and corrupt math community Re: Oval is conic section, never
ellipse; ellipse is cylinder section//-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/14/17
Read Re: dishonest and corrupt math community Re: Oval is conic section,
never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder section//-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/14/17
Read Re: dishonest and corrupt math community Re: Oval is conic section,
never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder section//-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/12/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
qbwrfmlx@gmail.com
8/13/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
Jan Bielawski
8/15/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/15/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
Me
8/15/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
Jan Bielawski
8/16/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/16/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
bursejan@gmail.com
8/16/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
Jan Bielawski
8/18/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/18/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
Jan Bielawski
8/18/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/18/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
Jan Bielawski
8/19/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
8/19/17
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder
section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
Jan Bielawski
8/15/17
Read Add Roger Penrose to the list // Failures of geometry conic
[...]
Read Re: Oval is conic section, never ellipse; ellipse is cylinder section// Failures of geometry conic sections-- Wiles, Hales, Conway, Hartshorne
FromTheRafters