The Math Forum

Topic: The follies of Dedekind and Cauchy with respect to "real numbers" exposed
Replies: 3   Last Post: Sep 11, 2017 2:18 AM

francois.grondin2003@gmail.com

Re: The follies of Dedekind and Cauchy with respect to "real numbers" exposed

On September 8 2017, John Gabriel wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 September 2017 11:12:16 UTC-4, Markus Klyver wrote:
> > Den torsdag 7 september 2017 kl. 16:29:16 UTC+2 skrev John Gabriel:
> > > Numbers are not sets moron.
> >
> > Everything in set theory is essentially a set. As so in the Cauchy construction of real numbers.

> Almost everything is set theory is nonsense, so however things are defined in set theory is irrelevant.

Hey Dan, the following lines should definitely be added to your list of JG's most stupid quotes: