The Math Forum

Topic: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started. Mathematica 11.2,
Maple 17.2, Rubi 4.13

Replies: 22   Last Post: Oct 7, 2017 12:39 PM

Jan Burse

Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.
Mathematica11.2,Maple 17.2, Rubi 4.13

Interesting spectrum. Would your test suite,
your test harness, give them automatically

different rating, or do you need to say,
manually, which one is the best? Which one

would you choose?

Nasser M. Abbasi schrieb:
> On 10/2/2017 6:39 PM, bursejan@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi, Nasser M. Abbasi, do you have:
>>
>> integ_0^(1/4) sqrt(x-x^2) dx (*)
>>
>> as a test case? (something with complex
>> numbers might go on, from looking at a
>> wolfram alpha indefinite solution)
>>

> Hello;
>
> I did wild card search on Rubi tests cases, and could not
> find int( sqrt(x-x^2) ).
>
> The closest is Timofeev problem 56 which is
> 1/Sqrt[x - x^2]
>
> But Wolfram alpha gives same result as Mathematica 11.2 for this, which is
>
> In[4]:= Integrate[Sqrt[x - x^2], x]
> Out[4]= (Sqrt[(-(-1 + x))*x]*(Sqrt[-1 + x]*Sqrt[x]*(-1 + 2*x)
> - Log[Sqrt[-1 + x] + Sqrt[x]]))/(4*Sqrt[-1 + x]*Sqrt[x])
>
> Maple gives>
> int(sqrt(x-x^2),x);
>
> -(1/4)*(-2*x+1)*(-x^2+x)^(1/2)+(1/8)*arcsin(2*x-1)
>
> And Rubi gives
>
> Int[Sqrt[x - x^2], x]
> Out[15]= -(1/4) (1-2 x) Sqrt[x-x^2]-1/8 ArcSin[1-2 x]
>
> And Fricas gives
>
> int(sqrt(x-x^2),x)
> -(1/4)*arctan(sqrt(-x^2+x)/x) + (2*x-1) * sqrt(-x^2+x)
>
> --Nasser
>

>> (*)
>> Issac Newton in 1665-1666
>> ?I am ashamed to tell you to how many figures I
>> carried these computations, having not other
>> business at the time.?
>> http://www.math.tamu.edu/~dallen/masters/alg_numtheory/pi.pdf

>>> Sorry I misuderstood you. I never tried this new rubi-sympy package,
>>> but will look at it. If I figure how to use it, will try to add
>>> it to the test build.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> --Nasser

Date Subject Author
9/18/17
Read fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started. Mathematica 11.2,
Maple 17.2, Rubi 4.13
Nasser Abbasi
9/28/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started. Mathematica
clicliclic@freenet.de
9/28/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started. Mathematica11.2,
Maple 17.2, Rubi 4.13
Nasser Abbasi
9/29/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.
Mathematica11.2,Maple 17.2, Rubi 4.13
clicliclic@freenet.de
9/29/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.
Mathematica11.2,Maple 17.2, Rubi 4.13
Nasser Abbasi
10/2/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.
Mathematica11.2,Maple 17.2, Rubi 4.13
bursejan@gmail.com
10/2/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.
Mathematica11.2,Maple 17.2, Rubi 4.13
bursejan@gmail.com
10/2/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.
Mathematica11.2,Maple 17.2, Rubi 4.13
Nasser Abbasi
10/3/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests
started.Mathematica11.2,Maple 17.2, Rubi 4.13
clicliclic@freenet.de
10/3/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.Mathematica11.2,Maple
17.2, Rubi 4.13
Albert D. Rich
10/4/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.Mathematica11.2,Maple
17.2, Rubi 4.13
Albert D. Rich
10/4/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests
started.Mathematica11.2,Maple17.2, Rubi 4.13
clicliclic@freenet.de
10/4/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests
started.Mathematica11.2,Maple17.2, Rubi 4.13
clicliclic@freenet.de
10/4/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests
started.Mathematica11.2,Maple17.2, Rubi 4.13
Nasser Abbasi
10/4/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration
testsstarted.Mathematica11.2,Maple17.2, Rubi 4.13
clicliclic@freenet.de
10/5/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.Mathematica11.2,Maple17.2,
Rubi 4.13
Peter Luschny
10/5/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests
started.Mathematica11.2,Maple17.2,Rubi 4.13
clicliclic@freenet.de
10/5/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.Mathematica11.2,Maple17.2,
Rubi 4.13
Albert D. Rich
10/6/17
Read Re: fyi, new build of CAS integration tests started.Mathematica11.2,Maple17.2,
Rubi 4.13
Albert D. Rich
10/7/17