The Math Forum

Topic: element-wise addition of two vectors from different vector spaces
Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 29, 2017 12:43 PM

Bill

Re: element-wise addition of two vectors from different vector spaces

jing.yang313@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone has idea about the following question?
> There are two vectors from different vector spaces and they are of the same dimension. Now we do an element-wise addition of these two vectors, i.e. something like [1,0]+[2,2]=[3,2]. So how to understand the essence/meaning/application of such an operation?
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Best,
> Jing

Didn't we already discuss this problem? Maybe it will help you to draw
some pictures (of what is going on)?