The Math Forum

Topic: 4)MIT math dept all fired if unable to teach correct math-- Conic
section = Oval, never ellipse//clamors Mike Moroney

Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 30, 2017 4:31 PM

Michael Moroney

Re: Math Failure Archimedes Plutonium Succeeds at Failing Again!!

Sir Failure of Plutonium <plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> doth faileth again thusly:

>Is this Moroney forewarning mathematicians they will be fired if they do
>not straighten up??

Once again, you fail, by attributing to me one of your fantasies. Why
would any mathematicians be fired? "Straighten up" how? Who would fire
them? Why would I be involved? No mathematician has done anything wrong
recently, as far as I know.

>On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 11:05:20 AM UTC-5, Michael Moroney wrote:
>> Sir Failure of Plutonium <plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> doth faileth thusly:
>> >Now the above two proofs by me are

Once again, if you actually have a proof that a conic section is never an
ellipse, POST IT!!! If not, admit your mistake.

>> >MIT
>> >math dept

>> And yet another list, posted without explanation.
>> Why do kooks always post lists like this, no explanation, just
>> a list.

<snip lack of proofs>

>Artin, Michael
>Emeritus Professor of Mathematics
>Algebraic Geometry, Non-Commutative Algebra

And yet another list, posted without explanation.
I am becoming more and more certain that the tendency to post mystery
lists is caused by reaching a certain point in mental deterioration,
but I am still curious what the though process is.