The Math Forum

Topic: There is the infinitely small difference for .999 repeating and
One quantities

Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 16, 2017 3:41 PM

Bill

Re: There is the infinitely small difference for .999 repeating and
One quantities

mitchrae3323@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, October 2, 2017 at 5:51:19 PM UTC-7, Bill wrote:
>> mitchrae3323@gmail.com wrote:

>>> What I am saying is they are infinitely close quantities
>>> with nothing in between. They are not the same point
>>> but share a sameness by being together closest.

>> "be being together closest"?
> By being closest together.
>

>> In fact, every rational with non-repeating decimal representation, also
>> has a representation which repeats. Besides the example above, .35
>> =.349999..., for instance. The "sameness" about them is called "equality".

> It is actually an infinitely small difference
>
> Mitchell Raemsch

I won't ask you to try to make that rigorous. You must be in 8th grade,
or thereabouts.