The Math Forum

Topic: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped

Replies: 27   Last Post: Oct 8, 2017 12:41 AM

Jan Bielawski

Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 9:38:55 AM UTC-7, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Alright, if our knife in Conic and Cylinder sectioning was always the normal knife then the Conic section is always a Oval, never an Ellipse. The Cylinder section is always a ellipse, never an oval.
>
> So, that is true and I proved it.

No, you haven't done it yet. You just did some hand-waving.

--
Jan

Date Subject Author
10/5/17
Read How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Michael Moroney
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Dan Christensen
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Dan Christensen
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Me
qbwrfmlx@gmail.com
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Dan Christensen
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/5/17
Read The butterfly cut, a V cut into conics Re: How we get a Ellipse from
a Conic
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Michael Moroney
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Me
10/6/17
Read 1)Gottingen's Dorothea Bahns, Laurent Bartholdi, are you as dumb
stupid and messy about Conics as Franz? Oval is the conic section, never ellipse
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read Re: 1)Gottingen's Dorothea Bahns, Laurent Bartholdi, are you as dumb
stupid and messy about Conics as Franz? Oval is the conic section, never ellipse
bursejan@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read 11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like
Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read Re: 11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like
Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal
Jan Bielawski
10/7/17
Read Re: 11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal
Michael Moroney
10/7/17
Read 4) Harvard's Mark Kisin, Peter Kronheimer, Jacob Lurie as dumb as
Mike Moroney, still teaching a ellipse is a conic when even students know it
is a OVAL
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/7/17
Read Re: Archimedes "Always Wrong" Plutonium's descent into madness continues...
Michael Moroney
10/8/17
Read Re: 4) Harvard's Mark Kisin, Peter Kronheimer, Jacob Lurie as dumb as