The Math Forum

Topic: Construction of the Binary Tree
Replies: 25   Last Post: Oct 12, 2017 3:50 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: Construction of the Binary Tree

On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 4:35:58 AM UTC-4, WM wrote:
> A countable set can be constructed by using always half of the remaining time for the next step. An uncountable set cannot be constructed such that uncountably many elements can be distinguished. So it is possible to construct |N and with it all its subsets. But these subsets cannot be distinguished unless it is indicated which elements are to combine. Therefore we find:
>
> - The Binary Tree can be constructed because it consists of countably many nodes and edges.
>
> - The Binary Tree cannot be constructed because it consists of uncountably many distinct paths.

Should be easy enough to a construct binary tree on N.

Construct: L: N --> N such that L(n)=2n+1 (the left node of n)
Construct: R: N --> N such that R(n)=2n+2 (the right node of n)

So, we have L(0)=1, R(0)=2, L(1)=3, R(1)=4, L(2)=5, R(2)=6, ....

Does this result in a contradiction? If so, please demonstrate exactly how using ONLY the rules of arithmetic on N, the axioms of set theory and the rules of logic. None of your hand waving nonsense as above, Mucke!

Dan

Date Subject Author
10/6/17
Read Construction of the Binary Tree
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
10/6/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Markus Klyver
10/6/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
10/6/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Dan Christensen
10/6/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
10/6/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Dan Christensen
10/7/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
10/7/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Dan Christensen
10/8/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
10/8/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Dan Christensen
10/9/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
10/9/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Dan Christensen
10/9/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
10/9/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Dan Christensen
10/9/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
10/9/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Dan Christensen
10/10/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
10/10/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Dan Christensen
10/10/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Dan Christensen
10/11/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
10/11/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
bursejan@gmail.com
10/12/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Dan Christensen
10/6/17
Read Re: Construction of the Binary Tree
Martin Shobe
10/7/17