The Math Forum

Topic: Construction of the Binary Tree
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 13, 2017 2:48 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: Construction of the Binary Tree

On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 10:08:30 AM UTC-4, John Gabriel wrote:
> On Friday, 6 October 2017 04:35:58 UTC-4, WM wrote:
> > A countable set can be constructed by using always half of the remaining time for the next step. An uncountable set cannot be constructed such that uncountably many elements can be distinguished. So it is possible to construct |N and with it all its subsets. But these subsets cannot be distinguished unless it is indicated which elements are to combine. Therefore we find:
> >
> > - The Binary Tree can be constructed because it consists of countably many nodes and edges.

> implies 0.333... = 1/3

Everything implies the truth -- a basic principle of logic. Ooops, I forgot, you banned logic in your goofy system. Oh, well...

> > - The Binary Tree cannot be constructed because it consists of uncountably many distinct paths.

> implies 0.333... =/= 1/3

Anything follows from a falsehood. Ooops! There's that logic thing again.

> Contradiction!

Maybe in your Wacky New Calclueless. Nowhere else though.

> S = Lim S has blinded the lot of these orangutans.

Yeah, the biggest blunder of your trolling career -- deliberately and repeatedly misquoting Euler and being caught out every time. What a moron!

Dan