The Math Forum

Topic: The evidence that Euler defined S=Lim S is irrefutable.
Replies: 29   Last Post: Oct 22, 2017 1:40 AM

LudovicoVan

From: London
Registered: 2/8/08
Re: The evidence that Euler defined S=Lim S is irrefutable.

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 2:10:49 AM UTC+2, burs...@gmail.com wrote:
> FOL is incomplete. You cannot calculate with
> it, as you would calculate with rational numbers
> in arithmetic. It can even not enumerate all
> truths in arithmetic, see Gödel incompletness.
>
> I did not talk about calculate, I am only interested
> in the first step, before calculate: model difficult
> notions, such as limit and consorts. Whats the
> alternative to FOL? Do you propose to go on à la

The problem is not with FOL or any tool, you idiot: the problem is that
just a formal dimension to mathematics or anything is *not enough* to make
sense of that anything. And I would think that too should be clear enough,
except that it's in fact a present day tabu, to just think about it.

Julio

> netzweiler, and say "infinite addition", or
> à la bird brain John Gabriel, claim "S=Lim S"?
>
> Am Samstag, 21. Oktober 2017 23:49:33 UTC+2 schrieb Julio Di Egidio:

> > On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 11:38:01 PM UTC+2, burs...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Well limit and consorts are difficult notions, more
> > > in the past than today, I have the impression. Today
> > > its all easy FOL definitions.

> > I'd insist the problem is actually today's: FOL *explains* just nothing.
> > That's rather an instance of the one blind reductionist paradigm: the myth
> > that everything is or should be simply "calculable". And that the whole
> > universe is a machine, of the stupid kind. And so on. Institutionally.
> >
> > Julio

Date Subject Author
10/21/17
Read Re: The evidence that Euler defined S=Lim S is irrefutable.
bursejan@gmail.com
10/21/17
Read Re: The evidence that JG is INSANE is irrefutable.
Dan Christensen
10/21/17
Read Re: The evidence that JG is INSANE is irrefutable.
Dan Christensen
10/21/17
Read Re: The evidence that Euler defined S=Lim S is irrefutable.
LudovicoVan
10/21/17
Read Re: The evidence that Euler defined S=Lim S is irrefutable.
Jan Burse
genmailus@gmail.com
10/21/17
Read Re: The evidence that Euler defined S=Lim S is irrefutable.
genmailus@gmail.com
10/21/17
Read Re: The evidence that Euler defined S=Lim S is irrefutable.
genmailus@gmail.com
10/21/17
Read Re: The evidence that Euler defined S=Lim S is irrefutable.
genmailus@gmail.com
10/21/17
Read Re: The evidence that Euler defined S=Lim S is irrefutable.
Brian Tenneson
10/22/17
Read Re: The evidence that Euler defined S=Lim S is irrefutable.
zelos.malum@gmail.com