Topic: stacked histogram
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 6, 2001 8:05 PM

Ruth Carver

Re: stacked histogram

At 9:46 AM -0600 03.6.2001, Woelber, Scott wrote:
>I have a question from Tutorial 4: Polling Voters, from the Fathom Workshop
>guide. The tutorial discusses sample size and demonstrates that the
>variance of the sample decreases as the size of the sample increases.
>Samples of size 100, 400, and 1000 are taken and the correpsonding sampling
>distributions graphed. The last picture on page 25 is a single graph with
>the sampling distributions (histograms) for the various sample sizes stacked
>vertically. How was that graph produced?

You defined a measure in the Sample of Voters called
"ProportionOfYes." You also need to define a measure for the sample
size. The formula is count( ).
When you make your histogram for "ProportionOfYes," hold your shift
key down and drag "sampleSize" to the y-axis. Shift-dragging will
treat the sample size as a categorical variable. I hope this helps.

Ruth Carver

Ruth E. Carver
Germantown Academy
P.O. Box 287
Fort Washington, PA 19034

To unsubscribe, send mail to
In the body of the message, use the following command:
unsubscribe fathom

To reach the (actual, human) owner of the list, send your message to: