Topic: stacked histogram
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 6, 2001 8:05 PM

Ruth Carver

Re: stacked histogram

At 9:46 AM -0600 03.6.2001, Woelber, Scott wrote:
>I have a question from Tutorial 4: Polling Voters, from the Fathom Workshop
>guide. The tutorial discusses sample size and demonstrates that the
>variance of the sample decreases as the size of the sample increases.
>Samples of size 100, 400, and 1000 are taken and the correpsonding sampling
>distributions graphed. The last picture on page 25 is a single graph with
>the sampling distributions (histograms) for the various sample sizes stacked
>vertically. How was that graph produced?
>
>Thanks

Scott,

You defined a measure in the Sample of Voters called
"ProportionOfYes." You also need to define a measure for the sample
size. The formula is count( ).
When you make your histogram for "ProportionOfYes," hold your shift
key down and drag "sampleSize" to the y-axis. Shift-dragging will
treat the sample size as a categorical variable. I hope this helps.

Ruth Carver

Ruth E. Carver
Germantown Academy
P.O. Box 287
Fort Washington, PA 19034

ruth@forum.swarthmore.edu
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/ruth/math.html

To reach the (actual, human) owner of the list, send your message to:
owner-fathom@forum.swarthmore.edu