Topic: converting the ellipse into a general form
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 23, 2004 5:31 PM

F. Alexander Norman

Re: converting the ellipse into a general form

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, maria antonita wrote:

> hello
> could u please help me convert the general form of ellipse
> (x^2/a^2+Y^2/b^2=1)to Ax^2+By^2+2Hxy+2Fx+2Gy+c=0
> thank u

hmmmm.... how might you get a 0 on the right side of your equation?

FWIW, your second equation is the general form. The first is a special
case.

sn