Topic: Geometry Projects
Replies: 5   Last Post: Nov 20, 1992 3:22 PM

Paul Stetzer

Re: Geometry Projects

In article <Bvnyzy.I0n@forum.swarthmore.edu> MICHAEL K ROGERS,
mkrogers@unix.amherst.edu writes:
>some ideas. I like ruler & compass constructions when I was that
>young. Have them construct perpendiculars, bisect segments and

With the expanded use of geometry software, I have been doing less
construction than ever. Can someone speak to the question of why teach
constructions? What place do they have in an electronic world where we
can trisect an angle, or a segment, easily. Is there a life (after high
school geometry) for constructions?