Topic: Why should teachers use the Forum?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 14, 1992 10:57 AM

Bernie Ivens

Re: Why should teachers use the Forum?

In article <BtyvwC.8H5@forum.swarthmore.edu> Gene Klotz,
klotz@cs.swarthmore.edu writes:
[bulk of text deleted]

I'd be very interested in your teacher's response to this--which
>of the possibilities are or are not interesting? I'll post this and try
>to get other teacher's comments as well.

Dear Gene and Geometers
I read your article with great interest. I would like to add some
reasons to use the Geometry Forum.

-discover different approaches to introducing and/or developing concepts
-contribute and/or get help with interesting problems to reinforce
concepts
-what are teachers doing with proofs? any strong feelings out there?
-are other geometries being taught anywhere(non Euclidean)?
-are we interested in content only or is form important as well?
-what should a student (be able to do when he completes a geometry course?
-should there be minimum essentials?

I would be interested in comments from all.

Bernie Ivens