Topic: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Replies: 37   Last Post: Mar 13, 1995 12:50 PM

Lynn Stallings

Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert

At 5:22 AM 3/1/95 +0000, Peter Appelbaum wrote:

>Has anyone else found it helpful to think of the symbols/formulae
>as RECORDING ? I got into this in the early 80's after reading an
>article called something like "On Recording" in *Visible Language*
>it was volume XI, no. 3 (1982) --the whole issue was on mathematics.

I believe the author of this article is John Mason.

Date Subject Author
2/8/95
Read Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
K. Ann Renninger
2/8/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Hilary Gehlbach
2/13/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Hannah Freedberg
2/14/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Lucy Hunt
2/14/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
roitman@oberon.math.ukans.edu
2/14/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Hannah Freedberg
2/15/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Jane Ehrenfeld
2/18/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Henri Picciotto
2/20/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Samantha Peltz
2/20/95
Read Symbol and meaning
Bob Hayden
2/20/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Hannah Freedberg
2/21/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
W Gary Martin
2/22/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Lou Talman
2/22/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Samantha Peltz
2/22/95
Read Taxicab Geometry
Art Mabbott
2/22/95
Read Symbols and sentences
Emmanuel Coup
2/22/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Emily Smith
2/23/95
Read Learning and Mathematics: Lampert- Knowing, Teaching
Maria Ong Wenbourne
2/23/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Patrick Straub
2/23/95
Read Standardized tests
Bob Hayden
2/24/95
Read Re: Standardized tests
roitman@oberon.math.ukans.edu
2/25/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Kelley Borg
2/26/95
Read Symbols and short-cuts
Bob Hayden
2/26/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Michelle Maraffi
2/26/95
Read Re: Symbols and short-cuts
Peter Appelbaum
2/26/95
Read Re: Symbols and short-cuts
Peter Appelbaum
2/26/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Bob Hayden
2/26/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Rebecca Tittler
2/28/95
Read Re: standardized tests
David Scott Powell
2/28/95
Read Re: Standardized tests
Peter Appelbaum
3/1/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Peter Appelbaum
3/1/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Lynn Stallings
3/1/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
stalling@abel.math.uga.edu
3/2/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Peter Appelbaum
3/2/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Dave Hewitt
3/2/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Knowing, Lampert
Emily Smith
3/7/95
Read Re: symbols and short-cuts
Henri Picciotto