From: connor@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu (Jeff Connor)
Newsgroups: k12.ed.math
Subject: Geometry for teachers
Date: 14 Oct 93 21:25:55 GMT

A colleague and I will revise the syllabus for our
university's course "Foundations of Geometry" this
Fall. The course presents an axiomatic foundation of
Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometries while covering the
basics of axiomatic systems and how to formulate and write
proofs. This course is required for secondary math
education majors and, for the most part, these are the only
students in the course. I would like to revise the syllabus
with the eventual needs of these students in mind.

So, here are the big questions: Now that you are teaching
geometry, what would you have liked to learn in the course
"Foundations of Geometry" or its equivalent? What did you
find most useful in the course you took? Least useful?
And so on. I am open to radical suggestions.

Jeff Connor