Topic: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics (repost)
Replies: 29   Last Post: Nov 19, 1995 4:46 PM

Steve Means

Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics

In addition, a quiz or test tends to signal to learners what is
important, and what is not. Composing learning experiencesis challenging
indeed.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
from Steven S. Means means@belnet.bellevue.k12.wa.us
Math and Technology Teacher at Sammamish High School
http://belnet.bellevue.k12.wa.us/sammamish/
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On Fri, 10 Nov 1995 AndiHall@aol.com wrote:

> Katie Laird writes:
> >While I do think that this may be a long time for a lecture, >ending a
> >lesson in a quiz is not necessarily a bad thing, leaving open >the question
> >of what the purpose of the quiz is. One of the biggest >problems with the

> I agree that synthesizing knowledge is important, but one of the dangers I
> see with quizzes is that they tend to focus only on the previous hour and
> twenty minutes. This may concretize what was learned in that class period,
> AndiHall@aol.com

Date Subject Author
11/3/95
Read Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics (repost)
K. Ann Renninger
11/6/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Problem of the Week
11/6/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Tom Davis
11/7/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Michael Keyton
11/7/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Brian Hutchings
11/9/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Ken Wood
11/9/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Andrea Hall
11/9/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Katie Laird
11/9/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Katie Laird
11/10/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Steve Means
11/10/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Steve Means
11/10/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Andrea Hall
11/10/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Jim LaCasse
11/10/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Steve Means
11/11/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Andrea Hall
11/11/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Steve Means
11/11/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
John Burnette
11/12/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Lou Talman
11/13/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Tarin Bross
11/13/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Katie Laird
11/13/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathemaatics
Steve Means
11/13/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Kristina Lasher
11/14/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
David Weksler
11/14/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Jane Ehrenfeld
11/15/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Andrea Hall
11/16/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert,...
Robin J Healey
11/16/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert,...
Pat Ballew
11/17/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Johnny Hamilton
11/17/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Steve Means
11/19/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathematics
Tarin Bross