Topic: School restructuring
Replies: 10   Last Post: Mar 26, 2002 3:15 PM

MikeGldsmt@aol.com

Re: Restructuring

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.941018093022.29471A-100000@sacam.OREN.ORTN.EDU>,
grmutz@sacam.OREN.ORTN.EDU (grace r mutz) writes:

>Next year our school will be going to what is called "block" scheduling.

>This means that we will have 4 classes per day at 90 minutes each. Each
>semester will give a year of credit. For example:1st semester a student
>might take Algebra I, English, Art,and Spanish. 2nd semester they
>would take Biology, World History, Health/P.E., and another elective.

>There are two schools in the county that are piloting this scheduling
>this year and so far the results have been very positive. If anyone else

>has experienced this scheduling please write and tell me about it.

I am the chairperson of a committee that is currently researching Block
Scheduling for our school. If the faculty accepts a proposal this year,
we would be looking at a 1996/1997 implementation. I would appreaciate
hearing from anyone who is opperating with a Block schedule or is looking
a Block scheduling.

If anyone is looking at Block Scheduling and has not yet contacted Wasson
HS ( Wasson@AOL.com)in Colorada Springs, I would highly recoomend you do.
They have been using a straight 4 block, similar to the one Grace
describes, for three years and have collect a great deal of data.

Mike Goldsmith
Concord High School
Concord, NH