Topic: About mathematicians & geometry theorems
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 12, 1997 6:27 PM

Michael Keyton

Re: About mathematicians & geometry theorems

The history of geometry is one of the most varied of any field of
mathematics. During the 19th century, there were over 12000 theorems
published in just euclidean geometry. (see Max. Simon)

A few major names with more than 1 theorems to his credit;
Apollonius of Perga
R.C. Archibald
A. Arnauld
C.J. Brianchon
H. Brocard (well over 500 theorems about 2 points, which are named for
him)
L. Carnot
John Casey
E. Catalan
Giovanni Ceva (a major theorem with hundreds of consequences)
M. Chasles

do you want more?

How much extra credit do we get for this list?

Michael Keyton
St. Mark's School of Texas