Topic: Re: Triangle Coordinates Calculation
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 6, 2004 9:35 PM

Peter Ash

Re: Triangle Coordinates Calculation

Hi,

I missed the start of this thread, so I hope I'm not repeating
something.

I just wanted to mention that the problem is essentially that of
converting from bipolar coordinates to Cartesian coordinates. In a
bipolar coordiate system, the coordinates of a point are the distances
from the point to two fixed points (poles). Of course, there is
generally a one-to-two relationship between points and coordinate pairs,
as a point and its reflection in the line through the poles share the
same coordinates.

--Peter Ash