Topic: Technology in Math Ed Course
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 2, 1993 1:12 PM

Annie Fetter

Technology in Math Ed Course

I also grabbed this off k12.ed.math. Please share any responses with Glenn
and with this group.

-Annie

From: gjpst6+@pitt.edu (Glenn J Ponas)
Newsgroups: k12.ed.math
Subject: Technology in Math Ed Course
Date: 29 Jul 93 19:51:26 GMT

I'm currently preparing to teach two sessions of a secondary math methods
course here at Pitt as part of my GSA. THese sessions involve the use of
technology in the classroom: first, decision making issuee; and second,
acutal classroom tools.

My five years with the Pittsburgh Public Schools has taught me that
teacher education must be reality-driven. To that end, I am looking for
input from teachers regarding the two issues described above. I guess the
question I'm asking is, "If you were sitting in this methods class,
knowing what you know now as an experienced teacher, what do you think is
important to hear?"

Please send all responses to me: gjpst6+@pitt.edu

Your help in this process will be noted in class, since the internet is
part of my discussions. Your letters may actually be shown to the class.
If you prefer anonimity, please say that in your response.

Thanks for your time and effort!

--
Glenn J. Ponas (gjpst6+@pitt.edu) "In a perfect society, the best and
Department of Instruction and Learning most talented people would be

Annie Fetter | The Geometry Forum | Voice: 215 328-8225
Project Coordinator | Swarthmore College | 800 756-7823
annie@forum.swarthmore.edu | Swarthmore PA 19081 | Fax: 215 328-7824

From usenet Wed Sep 01 20:50 PD 1993
From: Dover-Sherborn High School <doversherhs@igc.apc.org>
Newsgroups: geometry.pre-college