Topic: What's an eleven sided polygon called??
Replies: 21   Last Post: Feb 3, 2004 7:44 PM

F. Alexander Norman

Re: 11 sided polygon

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 nwerneck@cefala.org wrote:

> What about Gauss' poligon? was it an heptadecagon, heptacaidecagon or
> decaheptagon?

If JHC is taken as the ultimate authority on such things then
heptakaidecagon would be the preferred term, though I gather
from reading his and others' commentaries that heptadecagon (the term I've
always used) is acceptable.

I don't know about decaheptagon -- would that be 70 angles?

Of course, 17-gon is probably the term least subject to misinterpretation.

Sandy