Topic: proof in geometry
Replies: 6   Last Post: May 1, 2000 6:53 PM

Jon Roberts

Re: proof in geometry

Hi Maria,

I have used dynamic/interactive geometry for many years and a schema that I
use in approaching proof with students from year 7 to 12 goes like this.

Investigate <---> Conjecture

The important step regarding proof is the movement from Belief to Proof and
I describe "Proof" to my students as the wider communication of a personal

It works.

Jon Roberts