Topic: Multiple Choice Testing
Replies: 7   Last Post: Sep 25, 2000 12:56 AM

the Human Race

Re: Multiple Choice Testing

Good arguments can be made for both methods. I personally use both but not
on the same test. I teach at the Algebra 2 level and one of my personal
goals is preparing students for the SAT/ACT. I use multiple choice tests
about 50% of the time. I believe that taking a multiple choice math test is
a learned skill. When not using multiple choice test I give a "fill in the
blank" test. Standard question format but an answer blank for the
answer--no partial credit. the kids actually prefer the "fill in the blank"
test. Oh yeah same test bank simply different format and at least 4
versions of each test.

bob

--
Bob Houston