Topic: Switching careers?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Oct 14, 2000 9:46 PM

the Human Race

Re: Switching careers?

I am in my 11 th year of teaching (math). I finished my degree and student
teaching at 45. I have never regretted for one minute the decision to
become a teacher. I will admit that 25 + years of "real world" experience
causes me to have a different perspective than most in education. And many
in education find my different perspective uhhh annoying.

bob

--
Bob Houston
1759 Cuba Road
Matt Olson <maolson@uswest.com> wrote in message
> I am turning 30 yrs old this year and am going back to school to hopefully
> finish a degree in Secondary Education (Math). Am I to old to be doing
> this? I am trying to finish and be teaching by the time I turn 33. I

live

submissions: post to k12.ed.math or e-mail to k12math@sd28.bc.ca
private e-mail to the k12.ed.math moderator: kem-moderator@thinkspot.net