The Math Forum

Topic: Ambiguous definitions in math
Replies: 48   Last Post: Oct 4, 2004 2:57 AM

Jason Silverman

Re: Ambiguous definitions in math

Actually, David, I don't quite know why I posted that sentence. :-) I did
mean "should be treated as" and in fact you could add to the end of my
sentence this: "but they do not actually consider them critical points." I
think I was just tired when I was posting, sorry.

Oh, and you are very correct about "should be treated as" and "is." You
wouldn't say "Jessie should be treated as a little dog" when you meant to
say "Jessie is a little dog," or "the man should be treated as a criminal"
compared to "the man is a criminal." :-)

Jason

--
submissions: post to k12.ed.math or e-mail to k12math@sd28.bc.ca
private e-mail to the k12.ed.math moderator: kem-moderator@thinkspot.net

Date Subject Author
1/5/03
Read Ambiguous definitions in math
Jeff560
1/6/03
Read Re: Ambiguous definitions in math
Michael Hamm
1/7/03
Read Re: Ambiguous definitions in math
Jeff560
1/6/03
Read Re: Ambiguous definitions in math
Jason Silverman
1/7/03
Read Re: Ambiguous definitions in math
David W. Cantrell
1/8/03
Read Re: Ambiguous definitions in math
Jason Silverman
1/7/03
Read Arcsecant and Arccosecant, Ranges of
David W. Cantrell
1/7/03
Read Is 1 a prime number?
David W. Cantrell
1/7/03
Read Radians or just real numbers?
David W. Cantrell
1/7/03
Read Zero to the zero power
David W. Cantrell
7/8/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Wolfgang
7/9/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
David W. Cantrell
7/10/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Gary Tupper
7/10/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Wolfgang
7/10/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Wolfgang
7/11/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
David W. Cantrell
7/9/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Kevin Karplus
7/9/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Wolfgang
7/9/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Darrell
7/10/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Wolfgang
7/11/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
David W. Cantrell
7/11/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Darrell
7/13/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Kirby Urner
7/14/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
David W. Cantrell
7/14/03
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Kirby Urner
3/7/04
Read zero to the zero power
Gajindra
3/7/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
David W. Cantrell
3/7/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
Darrell
8/13/04
Read The final word on zero to the zero power
joobjoobajoo
8/14/04
Read Re: The final word on zero to the zero power
Kevin Karplus
8/16/04
Read Re: The final word on zero to the zero power
Darrell
3/7/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
Kevin Karplus
3/7/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
Lynn Kurtz
3/8/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
Darrell
3/9/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
Lynn Kurtz
3/9/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
David W. Cantrell
3/9/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
Darrell
3/9/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
Lynn Kurtz
3/9/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
David W. Cantrell
3/10/04
Read Re: zero to the zero power
Darrell
3/27/04
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Jessywlkns
10/3/04
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
joobjoobajoo
10/3/04
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Nat Silver
10/3/04
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Lynn Kurtz
10/4/04
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Darrell
10/4/04
Read Re: Zero to the zero power
Paul A. Tanner III
1/7/03
Read Re: Ambiguous definitions in math
Nat Silver
1/7/03
Read Is 0 in the domain of |x|*Sqrt(x-1)?
David W. Cantrell
1/8/03
Read Existence of an infinite limit
David W. Cantrell