Replies: 7   Last Post: Sep 13, 1999 1:01 PM

Herbert Kasube

Re: [HM] Archimedes: What Did He Do Besides Cry Eureka?

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Julio Gonzalez Cabillon wrote:

> Archimedes What Did He Do Besides Cry Eureka?
>
> by Sherman Stein
>
> [ Sherman Stein informed me that the book has just been published
> (June 16, 1999) by The Mathematical Association of America. Series:
> Classroom Resource Materials. Paperbound. ISBN 0-88385-718-9 ]

I have not seen the finished product, but I reviewed Stein's manuscript
for MAA prior to publication and was VERY impressed. The level of
exposition made it quite accessible to people with varied mathematical
backgrounds. I am anxiously awaiting the text.

I found the text quite readable and enjoyable. Stein's reputation for
well-written mathematics will continue.

Herb Kasube
Department of Mathematics
Bradley University