The Math Forum

Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 5, 2003 9:31 AM

Michael S. Mahoney

Re: [HM] New Book on Newton's Notebook

This is not a new book. It was first published in 1983, was reviewed at
the time, and has become part of the established Newtonian literature.

Mike

Nimish Shah wrote:

> I thought you might like to know that Cambridge University Press have
> released a book on Newton's Notebook. Here is the blurb:
>
> "Certain Philosophical Questions: Newton's Trinity Notebook", J. E.
> McGuire, Martin Tamny, 2003.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
Michael S. Mahoney Department of History Princeton University
mike@princeton.edu 303 Dickinson Hall Princeton, NJ 08544
phone 609-258-4157 fax 609-258-5326
WWW Home Page http://www.princeton.edu/~mike
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o