From: Michael Paul Goldenberg [mailto://mikegold@mediaone.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 1:37 AM
To: math-learn@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [math-learn] Cool Book

Anyone out there read UNCLE PETROS & GOLDBACH'S CONJECTURE by
Apostolos Doxiadis? Subtitled "a novel of mathematical obsession"
it is fascinating thus far (80 pages in). Received it as a late
holiday gift from close friends. I think it appeared in Greek in '92
and in English just last year. I'd love to hear what others thought
of it and to recommend it to those who like literature and mathematics
with some history thrown in.
Michael Paul Goldenberg
5900 Bridge Rd #715 Washtenaw Technical Middle College
Ypsilanti, MI 48197 LA 230K
734 482-0497 Ann Arbor, MI 48106
mikegold@umich.edu 734 477-8560
mikegold@mediaone.com mikegold@wccnet.org

"Truth is a mobile army of metaphors." F. Nietzsche

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/_/_/981551500/