Topic: Loxodromic midpoint
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jun 17, 2003 6:12 AM

Bob Street

Re: Loxodromic midpoint

Axel Harvey wrote in message ...

>Can anyone offer formulas for the latitude and longitude of the midpoint M
>of a loxodrome, given the coordinates of endpoints P0, P1 and assuming a
>spherical Earth? (By midpoint I mean that a vessel following the loxodrome
>will log the same distance from P0 to M as from M to P1.)

Well from the shortage of replies, it appears that mine is not the only
dictionary which doesn't list 'loxodrome' !!

I'd love to know what one is, please....

(From the question, I guess it's _not_ an arc of a great circle.)