Topic: Scholastic's Internet Discovery Program
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Fran Berry

Scholastic's Internet Discovery Program

I reecived this from John Sutton, Executive Director of the Eisenhower High
Plains Consortium at McREL. Please share with any others who might be
interested.

Fran
+++++++++++++++++
>I thought this might be of interest to many of you, to share this
>opportunity for free service with your clients, colleagues and associates.
>Hope all is well.
>
>John
>

>>From: "Usborne, Nicola" <NUsborne@Scholastic.com>
>>To: "'jsutton@mcrel.org'" <jsutton@mcrel.org>
>>Subject: Scholastic's Internet Discovery Program
>>Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:02:38 -0500
>>
>>Dear John Sutton:
>>
>>Every State Superintendent in the US has recently received a letter from
>>Richard Robinson, President of Scholastic Inc., announcing the launch of
>>Scholastic's Internet Discovery Program. Through this unprecedented
>>initiative every elementary and middle school with an Internet
>>connection can have free access to the award-winning, standards-based
>>content and learning events on Scholastic Network for the next three
>>months.
>>
>>The New York Times recently singled out Scholastic Network as the
>>premier educational Internet-content service, noting that "the bulk of
>>what passes for education on computers is a long way from the
>>well-crafted programs of Scholastic."
>>
>>We now have more than 35,000 classrooms using this service throughout
>>the United States. But we want even more teachers and students to
>>benefit from this unique online resource.
>>
>>That's why, for the next three months, we are waiving Scholastic
>>Network's subscription fee (regularly $2,199 for a school-wide site
>>license) to give all teachers and their students an opportunity to see
>>what's really possible in online learning.
>>
>>I urge you to encourage your members to act now to take advantage of
>>this free opportunity. All they have to do is call our toll-free
>>number: 1-800-296-1876. One of our school representatives will set them
>>up with everything they need. For further details they can also go to
>>http://scholastic.com/discovery/
>>
>>I am also attaching a copy of our press release, which outlines some of
>>our upcoming online learning events.
>>
>>Please feel free to e-mail me at nusborne@scholastic.com with any
>>further questions.
>>
>>Nicola Usborne
>>Scholastic Network
>>

>>Attachment converted: Hard Disk:Press Release.doc (WDBN/MSWD) (000087A5)

Fran Berry, Co-Principal Investigator
CONNECT, Colorado's Statewide Systemic Initiative in Mathematics and Science
1580 Logan, Suite 740
Denver, CO 80203
Phone: (303) 894-2142
Fax: (303) 894-2141