The Math Forum

Topic: Re: UCSMP information
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
eero@edmail.spc.uchicago.edu

Re: UCSMP information

Stephen,

There is not yet a UCSMP web page. We have been working on it for some
time, but because of other priorities and because of changes in staff, we
are behind schedule. I doubt if we will put full evaluation reports on it.
It will have more general information and people will have to contact us
for the reports. There are summaries of the reports in the teachers'
editions of the secondary texts.

The elementary component has a page. The address is
http://pheonix.spc.uchicago.edu. I don't know if they have anything about
evaluation on it.

I think ScottForesman has a home page, but I don't know how developed it
is. I haven't checked or asked them about it lately. You could call them
to find out. Their number is 800-554-4411.

UCSMP does have an e-mail forum. You could post a message and ask other
users about their results. We know that many users have done testing on
their own. To subscribe to the forum and receive all messages, e-mail
ucsmp-request@spclists.spc.uchicago.edu and type the word subscribe in the
body (not the subject line) of your message. To participate in the forum
once you are a subscriber, send messages to
ucsmp@spclists.spc.uchicago.edu.

We will publicize the web page in our project description and newsletters
when it is up and working. If you are on our mailing list you will receive
these. If you are not on our mailing list, but would like to be please
e-mail us at our UCSMP address which is ucsmp@cicero.uchicago.edu; call us
at 312-702-1130; or write to me (Carol Siegel) at University of Chicago,
5835 S. Kimbark Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637.