Topic: Re: math history, posters
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 23, 1996 12:52 PM

Dr. William Tomhave

From: Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
Registered: 12/6/04
Re: math history, posters

On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, Karen Dee Michalowicz wrote:

... Stuff deleted ...

> > 2) I remember a book that proved the pythagorean theorem in hundreds of
> > different ways. Any idea what the title and publisher of this book might
> > be?
> >

> Dale Seymour Publications has a book by Sidney Kolpas entitled
> The Pythagorean Theorem - Eight Classic Proofs. I don't know
> of hundreds of proofs. I would love such a resource.

A book that might prove of interest: The Pythagorean Proposition
available through NCTM. An NCTM Classic first published in 1940.
Reprinted by NCTM in 1972. Lots of information about the Pythagorean Thm
Super reference.

Cheers!

Bill Tomhave

* *
* William K. (Bill) Tomhave Phone - 218-299-3923 *
* Mathematics Department FAX - 218-299-3947 *
* Concordia College e-mail - tomhave@gloria.cord.edu *
* Moorhead, Minnesota 56562 *
* *
* *
* As you ramble on through life, my friend, *
* whatever be your goal, *
* Keep your eye upon the donut *
* and not upon the hole. *
* *