Topic: parent's messages
Replies: 65   Last Post: Aug 29, 1998 10:45 AM

CHAPMAN@APSICC.APS.EDU

Re: Presidential commission

It isn't just Skip! I am annoyed and saddened by the waste of space and
time aimed at vitriol and bitterness. Why do so many people get such
pleasure out of trying to insult and destroy? Why do so many feel that it
is erudite and sophisticated to blast American education??? PLEASE DON'T
ANSWER--these are rhetorical questions. I do know that I am in the
classroom working very hard and sacrificing a great deal (especially money)
to teach my students who bring me great joy and who are doing
beautifully--especially in math!!! I would benefit so much more from
reasoned, thoughtful questions that critics may have than the constant
harping and ugliness. Cindy Chapman
----------
> From: Francis (Skip) Fennell <ffennell@ns1.wmc.car.md.us>
> To: nctm-l@forum.swarthmore.edu
> Subject: Re: Presidential commission
> Date: Sunday, January 26, 1997 12:38 PM
>
> It must be me, but I sure hope not. I really tire of all this. The

NCTM
> Standards are "at fault" (no, it wasn't stated, just implied), the former
NCTM
> president is "at fault" (take no offense Michael), we need to contact the

> president. Give me a break. We ALL need to reflect on the status of
American
> Public Education and try to make things better. This includes crafting
and
> disseminating documents like the Standards, providing NSF funding for
model
> elementary, middle school, and secondary mathematics curriculums, and
other
> initiatives. From my perspective, people are trying. Not sure what else
can be
> expected.
>
> Skip Fennell
> Western Maryland CollegeIn message
>
> <Pine.HPP.3.91.970125185215.26087A-100000@the-college.iwctx.edu> Andre

TOOM
> writes:
> > On Sat, 25 Jan 1997 ramserj@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us wrote:
> >

> > > Who knows, maybe even Mike G. from Michigan would get to be chair
> > > person!!

> > The present situation is very close to this. I see no essential
> > difference between Michael Goldenberg and Jack Price who was
> > the president of NCTM during the last years.
> >
> > Andre Toom
> > Department of Mathematics toom@the-college.iwctx.edu
> > University of the Incarnate Word Tel. 210-646-0500 (h)
> > 4301 Broadway 210-829-3170 (o)
> > San Antonio, Texas 78209-6318 Fax 210-829-3153

Date Subject Author
1/24/97
Read parent's messages
Andre TOOM
1/25/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Lou Talman
1/25/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Andre TOOM
1/25/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Tad Watanabe
1/25/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Andre TOOM
1/25/97
Read Presidential commission
ramserj@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us
1/25/97
Read Re: Presidential commission
Andre TOOM
1/25/97
Read Re: Presidential commission
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/25/97
Read Re: Presidential commission
Andre TOOM
1/26/97
Read Re: Presidential commission
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/26/97
Read Re: Presidential commission
Gary A. Wirsing
1/26/97
Read Re: Presidential commission
Gary A. Wirsing
1/26/97
Read Re: Presidential commission
Lutemann@aol.com
1/26/97
Read Re: Presidential commission
Francis M. Fennell
1/26/97
Read Re: Presidential commission
CHAPMAN@APSICC.APS.EDU
1/26/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Tad Watanabe
1/26/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Andre TOOM
1/26/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Michael Paul Goldenberg
1/26/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Tad Watanabe
1/26/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Andre TOOM
1/27/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Tad Watanabe
1/27/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Andre TOOM
1/27/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Tad Watanabe
1/27/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Andre TOOM
1/28/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Richard Fouchaux
1/28/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Andre TOOM
1/30/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Richard Fouchaux
1/30/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Andre TOOM
1/30/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Tad Watanabe
1/30/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Andre TOOM
1/28/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Tad Watanabe
1/28/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Jack Roach
1/28/97
Read Re: parent's messages
Tad Watanabe
1/28/97
Read Proofs and mathematical structure
Jack Roach
1/28/97
Read Re: Proofs and mathematical structure
Tad Watanabe
8/27/98
Read math proofs
lavalle watson
8/29/98
Read product=lcm x gcd
harry sedinger
1/29/97
Read Re: Proofs and mathematical structure
Tad Watanabe
1/29/97
Read Re: Proofs and mathematical structure
Jack Roach
1/29/97
Read Re: Proofs and mathematical structure
Ed Dickey
1/29/97
Read Re: Proofs and mathematical structure
Jack Roach
1/29/97
Read Re: Proofs and mathematical structure
Tad Watanabe
1/30/97
Read Re: Proofs and mathematical structure
Jack Roach
1/30/97
Read Re: Proofs and mathematical structure
W Gary Martin
1/29/97
Read Re: Proofs and mathematical structure
Tad Watanabe
1/28/97
Read Andre's interpretation of my words.
Judith E. Jacobs
1/28/97
Read Re: Andre's interpretation of my words.
Andre TOOM
1/28/97
Read Re: Andre's interpretation of my words.
Ed Wall
1/28/97
Read Re: Andre's interpretation of my words.
W Gary Martin
2/1/97
Read Re: parent's messages
scott powell